Saturday, March 31, 2018

When Kate Died

 3-29-2018
Dear Kate, for months I searched for you online after our beloved dog, Bizmark died. Finally, there you were, a Mama dog whose litter of 5 pups had been adopted out from the Humane Society. Charlie and I, Caden and Elliott drove to the Humane Society. It is not close to us but was worth the trip. You fit everything I needed a dog to be. You liked cats, dogs, and kids. They said you like to play ball; they lied about that. But you did so much more than they said. You did not jump up on furniture, you almost never barked, you broke up the fights between my cats. You loved everyone in the house and for the most part, stayed out of the way of visitors. I taught you how to bark but could never teach you to fetch. Sad right now, Kate. But I will look back in time and remember what an awesome friend you were. How you were my companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment